It’s a little late to the game, but if you’re looking for a new mobile phone to show off during various Christmas parties, the new LG V30+ might be the one for you.
Released in certain markets since September, the reviews for the LG V30+ have been positive. But unlike the past, Singapore is no longer the forerunner, though we will be getting a larger storage capacity model, hence the “+” symbol at the end.
Priced in at S$1,098, the new LG V30+ will be available in Singapore from 2 December 2017. With mobile phone prices slowly edging past the $1000 mark these days signifies that the market is more than accepting to premium prices for flagships. But that’s a story for another day.
Having launched the already awesome LG G6 earlier this year, LG’s latest offering looks extremely familiar all round with minor design changes. At a glance, it’s tricky to see the difference between the two without a second look. The magic however still remains in the phone’s ability to capture great video for a mobile device.
Better still, if you’re the type that enjoys taking videos over the average mobile phone user who’s prefers stills, the “V” in the V30+ is exactly made for that. Packing a new Cine Video mode, this new mode offers more than just slapping on filters onto a video. The mode is touted to maintain color accuracy and retain more vivid colours. It also packs a wider dynamic range for a seamless transition between light and dark scenes. Combine this with a F/1.6 aperture lens, Optical Image Stabilization, Electronic Image Stabilization and Hybrid Auto Focus, the only excuse you might have for poor video output is scripting and camera skills.
The LG V30+ will have unique capabilities together with Google Assistant. Users will now be able to take launch the camera and specify which lens to use. While Android / Google together with other mobile phone manufacturers have always enjoyed a relatively good relationship, this implementation signals that Google and LG’s friendship might be on a different level.
It should also come as no surprise that the LG V30+ is still one of the last holdouts when it comes to keeping the headphone jack with their phones. There’s only so much an onboard mic can capture, and mobile videography enthusiasts would very much welcome the ability to still make use of their professional 3.5mm microphones.
The LG V30+ is currently available for all to get a hands on from now till 7 November at ION Orchard. If the phone catches your fancy, you’ll be able to pre-register on the spot or at www.lgmobilereg.com to receive a pair of Beoplay H3 earphones worth $229 with each purchase of the phone.
LG V30+ Specs
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging